EVCO Vision Statement
The Electric Vehicle Council of Ottawa (EVCO) is dedicated to promoting the use of electric vehicles as a viable transportation alternative that is ecological, economical, practical, and available now.
We believe that electric cars are:
- A viable alternative to gasoline-powered cars as commuter vehicles
- Ecologically friendly – no tail-pipe emissions
- Economical to operate
- Practical to build, operate, and maintain
- Available now as conversions from gasoline-powered cars
Our aims are:
- To encourage EV conversion projects by providing ideas, technical expertise, and direction to professional services
- To keep abreast of developments in the EV Industry
- To maintain a library of information and technical literature
- To promote an awareness of EVCO and electric vehicles by the general public through competitions, displays, demonstrations, and talks.
We expect that the widespread adoption of electric vehicles will only occur when the major manufacturers produce electric or hybrid cars that are comparable in cost and performance to gasoline-powered cars.
However, we believe that a group of individuals who are dedicated to the principles of environmental concern can advance the cause and have fun building and driving electric vehicles.
EVCO Board and Executive
(as of January 28, 2019 elections)
President: Raymond Leury
Vice-President: Matthew Eglin
Board Secretary: Darren Robichaud
Treasurer: Gérard Gavrel
Director: Kathleen Eglin
Director: Nicolas Leury
You can contact the board using our contact page.